Jana, Jill, Jessa, and Jinger Duggar
Nonfiction Family & Relationship
About the book:
In this delightful and very personal book, the four oldest Duggar girls share their hearts and their core beliefs, explaining that it's all about relationships!
- Relationship with self: The girls share their own personal journeys to self-acceptance and navigating the difficult stage of adolescence.
- Relationship with parents: You'll find revelations about how Jim Bob and Michelle keep the lines of communication open with their children.
- Relationships with siblings: Here, you'll get a peek into the Buddy system, how the siblings handle conflict, and how the loss of little Jubilee (their sister) affected their relationships with each other.
- Relationships with friends: You'll find principles on how the Duggar kids deal with peer pressure and how they interact with friends outside their family.
- Relationships with boys: You'll learn the Duggar view of dating and courtship, and these four sisters will address the often-asked question of when one of them will get married.
- Relationship with God: And woven throughout the book, the girls talk about their most imporatnat relationship of all--their relationship with God and their own personal faith and beliefs.
This candid look into what Jana, Jill, Jessa, and Jinger believe and why they believe it will give you practical insights into your own life and will inspire you to evaluate principles that will work for you.
Like many people I've watched Jana, Jill, Jessa, and Jinger Duggar grow up on TV. In fact I live fairly close to them and have even had the privilege of meeting and interacting with them in person. When their new book, Growing Up Duggar: It's All About RELATIONSHIPS was offered to me to review I accepted it with pleasure.
As an older married woman I found the book very interesting, but I have to be honest and say that I really think it is geared towards young women. The point of view they share, in my view, would more readily appeal to that age group.
With candor and honesty they each share about some of their most intimate relationships that not only include their family and friends, but most importantly the God they love. The stories are interspersed with pictures of the family enjoying each other through the years.
Included in the book is also a short interview type section with the girls' older brother Josh and his wife Anna. They discuss their courtship from how it came about to the requirements that were lovingly imposed on them and to their eventual wedding. I thought this section and whole chapter on the differences between dating and courtship was very revealing about how the Duggars raise and value their children.
I enjoyed reading about the girls' thoughts and perspectives on such a wide variety of topics. If you have watched them on their series or if you have just wondered about their everyday life and values I think you will really enjoy reading this book.
Connect with the authors:
Jessa, Jinger, Jana, and Jill Duggar would love to hear from you.
You can email them at email@example.com